When is the right time for Hospice?
One of the challenges for family members and caregivers of loved ones who are near the end of life is knowing when it is time to consider hospice. In making this decision, consider these questions:
- Have you or your loved one’s condition and symptoms progressed to the point that they cannot be adequately controlled?
- Have you or your loved one endured multiple hospitalizations, emergency department visits or repeated use of other healthcare services?
- Are you or a loved one experiencing pain, weakness, shortness of breath or rapid weight loss?
- Has the attending physician or specialist said there is nothing more that can be done to slow or cure the condition?
- Have you or your loved one indicated that the side effects of aggresive medical treatments outweigh the benefits?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, hospice may be able to help you.
Let us show you how we can help you remain comfortable in your current living environment. Call us for a free evaluation of hospice eligibility. If you are hospice appropriate, we can have the conversation with your physician.